Des Peres, Missouri, was initially settled by German immigrants, even though it's name Des Peres is French for"of the Fathers" and was given to the area when the Jesuit Missionaries established a nearby settlement in 1701, naming one of the area rivers the Des Peres River in the process. The current City Hall was originally the site of an orphanage for children who lost their parents during the Civil War.
Today, the area is an active city with shopping at West County Mall along with the many stores along Manchester and other roads, restaurants, recreation, and cultural activities all close by. It has it's own police and fire department, The Lodge (a wonderful recreation facility), an Aquatic Center, and superb community programs and parks.
Des Peres Properties
About the Neighborhood
Information From Third Parties, Deemed Reliable But Not Verified.